Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Journal #1

Journal Response #1
What is your initial impression of the novel after reading the first pages? Does this seem like a novel you will relate to? What has sparked your interest so far?




Currently in English 10-1 blue we are reading the novel October Sky. My first impression of the novel after reading the first few pages was that it was boring. The way the author wrote was not the style that I usely read. The type of novels that I usely read is: fantasy, animals, and series. But, after reading the novel for a while a started to get into it a little bit more. I wanted to know what was going to happen next with the rocket boys and the characters relationships with one another. The part of the book that has sparked my interested so for was when you the boys tried to make their rocket and they blew up the Hickman fence. I also like the part of the novel when Sonny was tell you about where his lived and what his life was like. I think this book will be good and hopefully entertaining.

No comments: